There’s something extra special about shooting an anniversary session, especially when you also were the photographer at the couple’s wedding day!
For their one year anniversary, this super chill pair wanted a couples session that reflected their laid back and playful personalities. Cue the downtown streets of Oceanside (their beloved hometown) plus some roller skates, and you’ve got an anniversary shoot that would be any San Diego wedding photographer’s dream.
Not to mention the effortless way this couple pulls together colors, patterns and textures is always total photo shoot outfit inspiration. Casual and fun couples sessions like this always brighten our spirits, even in the middle of a pandemic.
Want to schedule a couples photo session for your anniversary?
As an professional wedding photographer, here are my top 3 tips for scheduling an anniversary session:
1. Choose a place you love – this couple chose Oceanside, their favorite place in the world, and also where they got married!
2. Keep it casual – you did the fancy thing last year. I recommend couples keep their anniversary session fun and playful – look to your favorite clothing pieces for photo shoot outfit inspiration.
3. Hire a photographer who inspires you to let loose, be yourself, and show your true personality. Find someone who, like us, is all about conveying the message of your love story. A good photographer will handle all the technical stuff, so you can just show up, have fun, and end up with some really awesome photos to capture your special moment
What do you think is most important in an anniversary photoshoot or couples session?
MY TOP 3 FAVORITE OCEANSIDE COUPLES SESSION LOCATIONS:
1. Downtown Oceanside: cool urban setting with lots of street art
2. Oceanside Pier: fun and beachy vibe
3. Old Mission San Luis Rey: more formal, religious setting